Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer of '42

When I was a teenager I saw the movie "Summer of '42" and liked it very much not only because of the charming Jennifer O'Neill but also for its music. It's end is very sad I will not tell you, you must see the film. I have read that O'Neill wrote a second part which runs 20 years later thats 1962 but you know ... second parts. But I should read the book wrote by Herman Raucher which begins with the words:

"That house there? That was her house. And nothing, from the first day I saw her, and no one who had happened to me since had ever been as frightening, and as confusing or could have done more to make me feel more sure, more insecure, more important, and less significant."
... In everyones's life there's a Summer of '42



Link to Summer of '42 (Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment